Thursday, October 19, 2006

An Open Letter to the Creep Who Mows the Lawn




Dear Totally Creepy Building Caretaker with No Sense of Boundaries,

Remember the time when you let yourself into my apartment when I was in the shower to deliver a refrigerator? I hated that, but it was understandable – you thought I wasn’t home, so you thought it was okay to enter.

How about the second time you let yourself into my apartment when I was in the shower because you wanted me to move my car, which was blocking your trailer? I hated that, too, and any reasoning you may have had is unfathomable to me - you saw my car, thought I was home and couldn’t get my attention, so you thought it was okay to enter? What if I was having sex? Perhaps that is what you were hoping for.

Or how about the time when I was home with the flu and you were changing my storm windows, and you came inside to remove my air conditioning unit, sat down on a chair without being invited and proceeded to ask me about my work? Remember how I repeatedly corrected your notion that I was not a social worker, despite your insistence – and I suggested that perhaps you thought I was a social worker because I worked at a synagogue for a year – and you froze and with wide eyes and stammering voice asked if I was “THAT?” (um, how about trying the word “Jewish?”). I also hated that.

Now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure you also asked me to attend a church group with you when I first moved in. I hate even partially remembering that.

I guess what I wonder most of all is at what point, between me yelling at you to “get out of my apartment,” “get out of my apartment,” “no, I’m not Jewish, but what does it matter?,” and every time you come around to mow the lawn and I purposefully shut all of my blinds on beautiful days, and the installation of additional locks on every single one of my windows and the front door did you think that I might be interested in going out on a date with you?

The fact that you were hovering outside my door on Saturday morning and only announced your presence as I was unlocking the door to leave for the day was unnerving at best. The fact that you let your puppy run into my apartment and climb on my furniture was, despite the inherent cuteness of puppies, even the ones that are soon to be totally messed up by God-freaky weirdos such as yourself, annoying at best. The fact that you asked me to attend a play with you, and when I, in an utter state of shock, responded, “No. I just couldn’t,” yet you kept pushing the matter with “my wife is now my ex-wife,” and, “I was just thinking of this very special lady, who is you,” and, “I just want to make sure you know that I think of you as more than a friend,” quite frankly leaves me alternately bewildered and nauseous.

Especially coming from someone twice my age who has a key to my apartment that I didn’t give them.

In summary, you're a creepy, creepy man, and you need to stay the hell away from me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Person Who Constantly Looks Up Your Name on the Sex Offender Registry

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words for you, Petra. Restraining order.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Leigha said...

Two words for you, anonymous: Good call.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your gate photo directs us to your real identity. I love the image, but do you really wanna do that? Hmm, Petra?
By the way, I love every incarnation of you. If it makes it less creepy, I am a homo woman of your approximate age. I do love you though, L.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Leigha said...

My real identity? Why, I have no idea what you're talking abou...okay, fine. FINE. My real name is Photobucket. There, I said it. Thanks A LOT for bringing it up - it isn't as if I've been trying to AVOID that all my life or anything. Nooooosireeebob! I just looooove it when people go around alerting the masses to my real identity - it's like a big party every time it happens!

7:01 AM  
Blogger La Espia T. said...

Time to change the locks, dear. And how creepy would it be for you if he read your blog. Not only can he enter your door, he can enter your mind.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Leigha said...

Oh GOD. You're right. I think that officially makes for Neurosis #927. Is it weird that I have them catalogued?

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im in ur blogz readin ur mind.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Leigha said...

OH MY GOD. Getoutgetoutgetoutgetout!

I wonder if the methods that work on ghosts also work on psychopaths: "You are not welcome here. I hereby release you from this world. Go back to whence you came."

(brushes off hands)

There. That should do it.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find yourself a copy of a CD of "El Amor Brujo" (Love, the Sorcerer) by Manuel de Falla. The gypsy protagonist of this ballet dances around a fire pit to the tune of the Ritual Fire Dance (a piece of "El Amor Brujo") in order to get rid of the ghost of an ex-lover (also a gypsy). As the music builds up, her dancing and twirling into a frenzy results in sending away to the netherworlds the aformentioned ghost.

A little movement of furniture and a large candle on the floor should probably suffice in your case. I guarantee that after you do this dance you will get rid of the creep.

No charge.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home