Thursday, November 09, 2006

Catch and Release


I hate spiders. So, so, SO hate spiders. Especially spiders that appear on the wall next to my pillow. MOST especially the spiders that appear on the FABRIC wall next to my pillow that would leave a gnarly stain if smashed on the spot.

After lengthy, and therefore risky, contemplation, tonight yielded a breakthrough in the relationship between this paranoid arachnophobe and all the wannabe Charlottes of the world. I coaxed the varmint into a very tall plastic container, slid a flimsy plastic cutting board between the container and the wall, walked the contraption out my apartment door, across the street, down the block, and released the thing in front of a city street lamp.


And now I’m drinking a big glass of wine. The spider may be gone, but it remains with me.


I'm sensing a theme here.

6 Comments:

Blogger La Espia T. said...

You would HATE Florida.

One night I moved from the couch to the computer only to see from directly behind the very spot I just vacated a spider the size of a cd climb slowly up the wall.

I still shake a bit when I remember this tender moment in my own personal hell. I HATE spiders. Especially jumpy ones. GIANT jumpy ones??

*shudder*

After an HOUR of battling with the thing witih every resource at hand, broom (he jumped), hairspray (he had nicer hair), windex (useless, just useless) and finally Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner with bleach. Mr. Spidey died a noble spider death and I lost part of the deposit on my place due to "bleached" carpet trails.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Espia... I also hate hairy legs... unless they are mine... my reaction to having to deal with four pairs of them at once would also be agitated... to say the least...

Just one question... how do you know it was a he??? Or was that just a Freudian slip?

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the wine works... I also hope that your friendly super is not the one introducing spiders to your apartment...

5:08 PM  
Blogger La Espia T. said...

Good point prislander,

It could have been a female spider....but then I would have to deal with worrying about egg sacs bursting open with trillions of baby spiders pouring out into my home. And we don't want me to go running screaming into the closet, now do we?

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would mind running into a closet with you, espia, but it is the screaming you mention that would worry me...

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay away from Sam Carr, then, Petra. He seems to have a thing for snakes and spiders.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home