Monday, November 27, 2006

Trivial Pursuit

I would rather be ignored than be asked for my phone number by someone who then decides to not call it. I certainly revel in the initial flattery, but that feeling quickly turns to embarrassment and self-doubt if the asker does not follow-through. Did I misunderstand the asker’s original intent? Is it a power-trip for the asker? A change of heart? A bad organization system? A hole in the pocket? A hole in the head?

But now that I think of it, none of these options bode well for the asker – they’re indicative of communication problems, control issues, indecision, lack of logic, a desire for a mother rather than a girlfriend or perhaps a penchant for Pocket Pool, and/or a low IQ.

Well then, I feel much better now. Ha, ha, sucker.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unforgivable... particularly in your case...!!!

BTW... who is your pick for best 20th century songwriter?

10:10 AM  
Blogger La Espia T. said...

That is the best pic I have ever seen!

Awesome post.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Leigha said...

why, thank you, anonymous! very sweet.

As for my pick for the best 20th century songwriter - what an odd question from left field. Who is YOUR pick?

Personally, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Cole Porter or Bob Dylan. And Gershwin is up there. As is Miles Davis (although is he really considered a song writer?).

7:05 PM  
Blogger prislander13 said...

A picture of Eros killed by an arrow through his back is the best pic you have ever seen...???

Come on Espia! Where is your sense of romance???

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Questions from left field are meant to catch your attention... this one obviously served its purpose...

My vote is for a first place tie between George Gershwin and Armando Manzanero... that is, if Q allows challengers from south of the border... If you ask me, I think Manzanero has touched more people (particularly lovers) around the world than all the other mentioned composers combined.
His only sins are being born in Mexico and writing his lyrics in Spanish.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Leigha said...

Wait - "if Q allows challengers..." so this is something Q is asking people? Is this a recent thing? Did you talk to him?

As for El Mariachi - curious. I'll have to bust out some music samples and take a listen.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Petra... I assumed you had recently checked Q's blog... Yes, he put up the question there...

Does that make my question somewhat left-center rather than extreme left field?

Sleepless Anonymous in PR

4:47 PM  
Blogger Pretty Lush said...

I straight told the guy, "I'd rather not. You won't use it." After insisting he would, I caved. Do you think I heard a word from him?
I don't get it either.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home